Team HOT or Team COLD?
I have a question for you…Would you rather be hot or cold?
Last week I was giving a massage and I got HOT. It didn’t really feel like a hot flash, but wow, I had 30 seconds of feeling flushed. Which got me wondering, would you rather be hot or cold? I’ve always run cold my entire life, and thought I would enjoy feeling warmer. Turns out, not so much.
In addition to night sweats, or day sweats, common menopausal symptoms are chills, brain fog, not sleeping through the night, moodiness, weight gain, slower metabolism, thinning hair, vaginal dryness and dry skin. WHAT?? Not much fun, right?
Did you know there’s a scale for measuring your hot flash?
Mild – you’re hot, but you’re not sweating
Moderate – you’re hot, starting to sweat but you can keep doing what you’re doing
Severe – you’re so hot and sweaty you literally have to stop what you’re doing
Here’s Some More (not so) Fun Facts About Menopause
According to The American Academy of Dermatology, Menopause, which officially begins one year after a woman’s last period, can bring with it some noticeable changes to the skin and hair.
- Hot flashes can start as young as 40 and can last as long as 10 years!
- Women can experience an average of 33 hot flashes and night sweats per week
- Up to 80% of women will experience hot flashes during menopause. Damn, I was really hoping to be part of the lucky 20%
- Hormonal changes can make us more likely to gain weight around our abdomen than around your hips and thighs
- Studies show that women’s skin loses about 30% of its collagen during the first five years of menopause. After that, the decline is more gradual (about 2% loss every year for the next 20 years)
- The skin loses some ability to hold water, so skin can get quite dry
- Some women develop teenage-like acne
- Unwanted facial hair… you may start to see unwanted hair under your chin and along your jawline or above your lip.
What’s hot and cold and sweats all over? 80% of menopausal women.
Team HOT Or Team COLD Poll
SO, back to my earlier question, would you rather be hot or cold?
I would love to know so PLEASE join in the fun and click below!