Across the country, many cities are beginning to partially reopen and allow businesses like salons and spas to resume serving customers. Heaven on Earth in Aspen is happy to have you back! However, I understand that fear can come with leaving quarantine. That’s why I made the careful decision to reopen based on the cases in our surrounding area and by following the guidelines from our local government.
Check out how I plan to reopen in a way that protects everyone.
What I’ve Been Up to During Quarantine
What have you been up to these past couple of months? I hunkered down and learned I’m a true introvert. I planted my summer flowers, did lots of self-facials, and I learned more massage techniques.. I continued with my Pilates training and classes and took another cupping massage and a Thai foot reflexology class, all on zoom, of course.
I was able to dive deeper into my esthetics studies and I’m super excited to share it all with you.
Aspen and Our Local Corona Virus Cases
Currently, Aspen has very few COVID-19 cases. You can find the current numbers at the Pitkin County website.
We must all stick together and make smart decisions to keep the curve flat. If we all abide by a few guidelines, we can keep Aspenites and its tourists healthy and safe. At Heaven on Earth Spa, I’m working to make sure we open safely, keeping the CDC’s guidelines in mind.
Here are some of the simple things we can all be doing to reduce the spread of the virus:
- Masks should be worn when in public
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between yourself and others
- Wash your hands regularly, especially when returning home from being in public
- Avoid touching your face and eyes (not easy, right?)
Heaven on Earth’s Plan for Reopening and Staying Safe
I’m taking every precaution I can think of to disinfect and protect the spa so you can feel safe here. I’m even working on a COVID-19 facial, ask me about it when you call me.
Here are some of the things you can expect from the spa as it reopens to the public:
- I’ve purchased a UV Light Sterilizer for the treatment room
- There is a UV Light Sterilizer box you can use to disinfect your mask, keys and cell phone
- I’ve purchased two air purifiers with HEPA filters, one for the lobby and one for the treatment room
- Temperatures are checked
- Payment transactions will be “touchless”
- Face Masks need to be used at all times, practical
- A pillow case is used instead of a traditional face cover
- A paper surgical mask is placed over your nose and mouth when you’re lying on your back —many guests still fall asleep, mask and all
In addition to these procedures, I’ll continue to monitor the latest information and recommendations from DORA, the CDC and the World Health Organization. I’m doing my part to stop the spread of the disease.
Contact me, Pila, if you have any questions about the Corona virus procedures or to learn more about any of my spa treatments.