Across the country, many cities are beginning to partially reopen and allow businesses like salons and spas to resume serving customers. Heaven on Earth in Aspen is happy to have you back! However, I understand that fear can come with leaving quarantine. That’s why I made the careful decision to reopen based on the cases in our surrounding area and by following the guidelines from our local government.
Check out how I plan to reopen in a way that protects everyone.
What I’ve Been Up to During Quarantine
What have you been up to these past couple of months? While being in Quarantine has definitely been a little scary, I’ve tried to take advantage of this time. I turned my focus toward self-care and education.
I hunkered down and learned I’m a true introvert. I planted my summer flowers, did lots of self-facials, and I learned new massage modalities. I continued with my Pilates training and classes and I took a cupping massage and a Thai foot reflexology class, all on zoom, of course.
I was able to dive deeper into my esthetics studies and I’m excited to share it all with you.
Aspen and Our Local Corona Virus Cases
Currently, Aspen has very few COVID-19 cases. Of the 28,000 confirmed cases in the state of Colorado, only 59 occurred in Pitkin County. However, I understand that these numbers can change suddenly, as this virus is still pretty unpredictable.
We must all stick together and make smart decisions to keep the curve flat. If we all abide by a few guidelines, we can keep Aspenites and its tourists healthy and safe. At Heaven on Earth Spa, I’m working to make sure we open safely, keeping the CDC’s guidelines in mind.
Here are some of the simple things we can all be doing to reduce the spread of the virus:
- Masks should be worn when in public.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands regularly, especially when returning home from being in public.
- Avoid touching your face and eyes.
Heaven on Earth’s Plan for Reopening and Staying Safe
I’m taking every precaution I can think of to disinfect and protect the spa so you can feel safe here. I’m even working on a COVID-19 facial, ask me about it when you call me.
Here are some of the things you can expect from the spa as it reopens to the public:
- I’ve purchased two UV Light Sterilizers, one for the lobby and one for the treatment room
- There will be a UV Light Sterilizer box you can use to disinfect your keys and cell phone and anything else you can fit in it
- I’ve purchased two air purifiers with HEPA filters, one for the lobby and one for the treatment room
- Temperatures will be checked
- Payment transactions will be “touchless”
- Face Masks need to be worn at all times
- For your comfort, Massages will be done like prenatal massages, with you lying on your back.
In addition to these procedures, I’ll continue to monitor the latest information and recommendations from DORA, the CDC, and World Health Organization. We’re doing our part to stop the spread of this disease.
Contact me, Pila, if you have any questions about the Corona virus procedures or to learn more about any of my spa treatments.